Found at: http://sites.google.com/site/skinnytaste/garlic-lime-marinated-pork-chops Garlic Lime Marinated Pork Chops Servings: 4 • Cook Time: 8-10 minutes • (Points: 6 ww points) * 4 (6 oz) lean boneless pork chops * 4 cloves garlic, crushed * 1 tsp cumin * 1 tsp chili powder * 1 tsp paprika * 1/2 lime, juice of * lime zest * salt and fresh pepper Trim any fat off pork. In a large bowl season pork with cumin, chili powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Squeeze lime juice and some zest from the lime and let it marinade at least 20 minutes. Line broiler pan with foil for easy clean up. Place pork chops on the broiler pan and broil about 4-5 minutes on each side or until nicely browned. Chipotle's "Skinny" Cilantro Lime Rice Servings: 4 • Size: 3/4 cup • Time: 25 minutes • (Points: 4 ww points) * 1 cup extra long grain rice or basmati rice * 1/2 lime, juice of * 2 cups water * 1 tsp salt * 3 tbsp fresh chopped cilantro * 4 tsp vegetable oil In a small heavy pot, add rice, water, 1 tsp oil and salt. Boil on high until most of the water evaporates. When the water just skims the top of the rice, reduce to low and cover about 15 minutes. Shut off flame and keep covered an additional 5 minute. In a medium bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime juice, rice and remaining oil and toss until completely mixed.And now my thoughts:
1. Om-nom-nom. Definitely one I'll make again.
2. When doing for more than one person, try to remember to check you have taken enough pork chops out of the freezer, though the marinade does still work on defrosting pork.
3. 1 tablespoon of dried coriander works in the rice. It's very pleasant. I would like to try it with fresh coriander though, as it would probably look less odd!
4. The timings on the rice are a bit out. I boiled it quite quickly for about 5-10 mins then cooked in on low for about 5 and left it to stand and it went really sticky. Maybe I shouldn't have left it on high for as long. I usually cook rice by bringing it to the boil and then putting in on medium-low so the water is just bubbling and cooking it for about 10 mins. I think that might work in future.
5. I left the chops in the marinade all day and cooked them on my little George Foreman grill. This seemed to work well.
All in all a very good recipe. One as I say I will use again, especially as it's Weight Watchers friendly! (I am not properly in their regime, I just use their Points system to try and help me lose weight!)